Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Plane in my River

My ride to work when I worked at Cooper Classics took me down the Hudson river every day. A highlight of my commute was when the Intrepid returned and for the few short weeks before I left for NZ I could see an SR71 Blackbird every morning. I really enjoyed my planes in the Hudson every morning.
Which is why for the first time I was truly jealous of everyone back home when I read the news the other day. First of all, I don't understand why my friends were still online as soon as they heard about it. I mean seriously, we will cause a miles long traffic jam so we can all gooseneck an an accident but you guys won't drop everything your doing to immediately go gawk at a plane in the river?!?!? I would have spent all day at Battery park watching every bit of the whole removal process.
I missed the blackout, I missed the subway strike, and now I missed this. Why can't something cool happen when I am around?

No comments: